Tuesday, February 22, 2022
- Come connect and meet some of our engineering RCOs at UC Merced
- 10 AM - 2 PM
- Scholars Lane
Bobcats Helping Bobcats Alumni Mentors
- Engineers Week Elevator Pitch Night, hosted by Bobcats Helping Bobcats Alumni Mentors and Vanguard Engineering Society
- An opportunity for students to engage with experienced UC Merced Alumni mentors to practice their "elevator pitch" and professional networking skills in a supportive environment.
- Participating students, new grads and alumni mentors will receive information and prompts that support a successful and positive experience for all.
- Zoom meeting information will be sent to registered participants prior to the Event.
- The timing of the event is such that it prepares participants to interact with employers and recruiters at the UC Merced Virtual Career and Internship Fair scheduled for Tuesday, March 8, 2022 from 11-3pm and for the HSI Career Collaborative Career and Internship Fair on Thursday, February 24.
- 4:30 PM – 6 PM
- RSVP- ucmerced.joinhandshake.com/stu/events/948175
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
- Collaboration between The Energy Coalition, Vanguard Engineering Society, STEM Center, and the School of Engineering at UC Merced to deliver 130 engineering kits to local elementary school students in Merced.
Find out more information about the Energy Coalition at https://energycoalition.org/
American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Info Session
- Come meet and learn more about AIAA
- 2 PM - 4 PM
- COB2 266
CodePath at UC Merced Info Session
- Come meet and learn more about CodePath at UC Merced
- 3 PM – 4 PM
- COB1 114
SHPE at UC Merced Info Session
- Come meet and learn more about SHPE at UC Merced
- 6 PM – 7 PM
- Zoom link: https://ucmerced.zoom.us/j/3539825334
Thursday, February 24, 2022
HSI Virtual Career Fair
- Please register for our nationwide Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI) Collaborative Summit Virtual Career Fair on Thursday, February 24, 2022, 11 A.M. to 4 P.M. CST
- Network with organizations and learn about exciting career opportunities and internships.
- 9:00am - 2:00pm PST
- This week's Career Appy Hour is hosted by Vanguard and is a Professional Development Activity as part of 2022 Engineers Week. Working on Applications for employment, graduate school, research or internships? Attend this week's virtual Career Appy Hour. Drop-In via Zoom at anytime during the Appy Hour to get an answer to a quick question or stay longer and work remotely on documents like resumes, cover letters and personal statements. Finish an application and hit "submit!"
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Register on Handshake: https://ucmerced.joinhandshake.com/edu/events/942762
Alumni Career Chat Employment Success Series (A.C.C.E.S.S) Panel
- As part of UC Merced’s Engineers' Week (E-Week), the Student Alumni Association (SAA) is hosting the Alumni Career Chat Employment Success Series (A.C.C.E.S.S.): Engineering, featuring a panel of UC Merced alumni in various engineering careers and industries.
- Join us for conversations with our alumni panel and learn about their journey from undergraduate/graduate student to career professionals. How have they navigated the work force? How did they leverage their student experience and maximize campus resources? Ask these questions and more during the open Q&A portion of the event, or during the hosted breakout rooms to connect with alumni panelists in a smaller group setting.
- Don't miss the opportunity to expand your network, register today and submit your questions!
- 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- RSVP - https://engage.ucmerced.edu/eng-2022
Friday, February 25, 2022
Resume and Cover Letter Writing Workshop: Engineers Week
- Mark your calendars! Join us for The Professional Development Virtual Workshop Series, which will be held Friday's, 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. from January 28 through May 6.
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Register on Handshake: https://ucmerced.joinhandshake.com/edu/events/941038
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Info Session
- Come meet and learn more about the Society of Automotive Engineers
- 5 PM – 6 PM
- Zoom link coming soon
Campus & Industry Partners: