Jump Start Your Third Year

Each student in the entering freshman class of 2015 is required to meet with an academic advisor within his or her current school during the spring 2017 semester, and before registering in fall 2017 courses. We hope this connection with an advisor will give you a jump-start on your third year by facilitating progress toward your degree and support in the development of your educational goals.

When meeting with an advisor, you must bring the following:

  • A printed copy of your current Audit (or a What-If Audit for your expected major)
  • A Graduation Plan
  1. Method 1 - Complete a graduation plan through MyDegreePath. Click Here for step by step instructions on how to build a plan. 
  2. Method 2 - A printed, completed Proposed Plan through Graduation. You will download this document and you are expected to print it out and complete it before your appointment. You might need more than one sheet to make sure you account for all of your degree requirements, even if it will take more than four semesters from now — so print an extra!

Here are some resources to help you create your personalized Proposed Plan through Graduation:

Students who plan to complete their degrees in engineering majors:

Major Flow Charts — These documents will give you a suggested four-year plan as recommended by the faculty members in your major. If you will take a longer than four years to complete your degree, that’s OK, but you cannot take longer than 10 semesters (not counting summer)! There are prerequisite indicators on these charts to help you along. **Be sure to download the flow chart for your catalog year  2015**

Term Specific Courses - This document will provide you with the most up to date list of term specific courses. It will let you know if courses are fall/spring only. 

Audit — This document must be printed and you must bring it with you to your appointment. It will let you know all the requirements necessary to complete your major (and whether you’ve completed them).

Minors — If you have a declared minor, or plan on declaring a minor soon, you can find out more information about minors here:

School of Natural Sciences (applied mathematics, chemical sciences, environmental sciences and sustainability, natural sciences education/natural sciences education with teaching credential and physics)

School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts (American studies, anthropology, arts, Chicano/a studies, cognitive science, community research and serviceseconomics, English, history, literatures & culturesmanagement, philosophy, political science, psychology, interdisciplinary public health, services science, sociology, Spanish and writing)

Students who plan to complete their degrees outside the School of Engineering:

Majors  If you plan to change your major to something other than engineering, you can find out more information about how to build a personalized Proposed Plan through Graduation here:

School of Natural Sciences — You will find a full listing of what is required for any natural sciences major (applied mathematics, biological sciences, chemical sciences, earth system sciences, physics)

School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts  You will find a full listing of what is required for any School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts major (anthropology, cognitive science [B.A. or B.S.], economics, English, history, management and business economics, political science, psychology, public health, sociology and Spanish)

Audit – You should run a “What-If” Audit for your catalog year (2015) to see what requirements you have already completed toward your new major, and which requirements you still have remaining.