Skip to content Skip to navigation
See our Campus Ready site for most up to date information about the fall semester.Campus ReadyCOVID Help

Declaration of Major

General Criteria for Major Declaration

To declare a major within the School of Engineering, continuing students must

  1. Be in good standing with the university (2.0 or higher cumulative GPA, as well as a previous term GPA of a 2.0 or higher)
  2. Have completed fewer than 90 units
  3. Completed Math 021 with a C- or higher
  4. Submit a Proposed Plan through Graduation to show that they can complete their degree requirements within 10 total semesters (not including summers). The Proposed Plan through Graduation should be completed through MyDegreePath Plan Builder. These plans must be received by the student's academic advisor at least two weeks before the major change deadline. If approved, the Proposed Plan through Graduation must be followed, otherwise, the student will be subject to dismissal and could be removed from the School of Engineering.

Special Population

  • Students who plan to declare Multiple Majors can find policies regarding it within the application.

  • Newly admitted students must meet specific criteria to declare a major within Engineering. Contact your advisor for more information.

  • The School of Engineering does not accept change of majors from any transfer student into the School. Students admitted into the School of Engineering, must speak to their advisor first if they want to change majors within the School of Engineering. Please note, change of majors are not guarenteed.