Skip to content



Taking courses at a Community College: Click Here

For additional information about Summer Session at UC Merced, visit the website

You may enroll in summer courses via the Portal at the specified start time.

Summer Coursework at Other Institutions

Summer is a good opportunity to take additional coursework to catch-up or maintain your academic progress at UC Merced. Before registering for summer coursework at another institution, it is vital to first meet with your academic advisor.

You will need to send in a screen shot of your enrollment to your Academic Advisor. Make sure it clearly displays your name, the course, the term, and the College/University. This will allow Academic Advisors to enter any temporary override for the upcoming Fall semester, for course registration. Please be advised, that once you receive your final grade, you will need to send in a screen shot of the final grade you earned in the course (No later than August 1st). Make sure it clearly displays your name, the course, the term you took the course, and the College/University you took the course at, and the final grade.

Please make sure you submit your Official Transcripts, from the other college or university to the Office of the Registrar as soon as possible. You will not receive course degree-applicable credit until the Office of the Registrar has reviewed and evaluated your Official Transcripts.

** Note – If you pick up the Official Transcripts, DO NOT open the envelope, or the Transcripts would no longer be considered Official, and you will be required to request another Official Copy for verification of successful course completion. **

Send Official Transcripts to:

Office of the Registrar

Kolligian Library, Room 122 (KL 122)

5200 N Lake Road

Merced, CA 95343


Send Official Transcripts online to:

Helpful Websites

California Community Colleges

TRANSFEROLOGY is an online system that allows you to find equivalent courses to UC Merced courses at all articulated institutions. We recommend you use transferology first and then

ASSIST is an online system that shows how course credits earned at public California community colleges can be transferred to California public four-year universities. Utilize this website when looking to find courses to take over the summer at a community college. Note: Only lower-division courses are offered at community colleges. 

Other UC, CSU, and Private Four-year Universities

If you are interested in taking a course at another UC, CSU or private four-year university, first use and then speak to your academic advisor. 

Engineering Course Articulations – Please contact your Advisor for articulated UC and CSU Engineering courses.

Math and Science Course Articulations

The School of Natural Sciences has a large database of approved course equivalents at UCs or other four-year institutions. If a course is not listed on the website, you will need to submit a course approval form.

Important Information about Transfer Credit

  • All courses must be taken for a letter grade. Grades of C- or better must be earned in order for credit to be awarded
  • In order to receive credit for courses taken elsewhere, you must submit official transcripts from the institution you attended. Send all transcripts to:
    Office of the Registrar
    University of California, Merced
    5200 N. Lake Road, Merced, CA 95343
  • Courses taken at another UC campus are counted in the cumulative GPA and units
  • Courses taken outside the UC (community college, CSU or four-year universities) are not included in the total GPA but can be used to clear requirements, and the student will receive units