Undergraduate Graduation Application
The Undergraduate Graduation Application is the form that alerts the Office of the Registrar to begin a degree check at the completion of a student’s last semester. A fee is administered. For more information about graduation and commencement, please go to the Office of the Registrar's graduation information page.
Application periods are as follows:
- Fall applications are open Feb. 16 - Sept. 15
- Spring applications are open Sept. 16 - Feb. 15
- Summer applications are open Sept. 16 - June 15
The Undergraduate Graduation Application is filled out through MyPortal. Students now submit one application for Commencement and Graduation. More information about commencement can be found on the commencement website. UC Merced stages commencement every academic year at the end of spring semester. Students with graduation applications on file for Fall semester prior, Spring, and Summer after are eligible to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony.
With graduation, comes thoughts of "what's next?" For that we have several resources:
- Graduate school — View the Graduate School Application Process Overview online.
- Career — Students can find guidance by scheduling an appointment with STEM Career Specialist Robert Goodman.