Skip to content


The School of Engineering allows students to choose from six possible major choices upon entry to UC Merced:

By the end of the second year, any student in the undeclared engineering major is expected to declare one of the six main majors if he or she wishes to stay in the School of Engineering. Undeclared engineering is not a degree-granting major.

To qualify to receive an engineering degree at UC Merced, each student must complete all coursework (including General Education requirements) with a C- grade or better. You may not take any course intended to count toward your degree for a pass/no pass grade (including General Education requirements).

Each student must pass all coursework toward his or her major as outlined in the catalog, as well as meeting all university requirements, to be granted a degree.