Transfer Student General Education Pattern
PRIOR TO FALL 2020
Transfer students are required to complete the following general education pattern before graduation:
- Two English composition courses (equivalent to WRI 001 and WRI 010)
- Three social sciences courses in at least two disciplines
- Three arts and humanities courses (of the three arts and humanities courses required, at least one has to be from arts and one has to be from humanities).
FALL 2020 and AFTER
All transfer students enter on or after Fall 2020 will follow the general education patern established by UC Merced. For more information, visit: ge.ucmerced.edu
Transfer Time to Degree
- Transfer students should plan 2½ to 3½ years of coursework from the time they transfer into the School of Engineering
- Time to degree may affect financial aid. Meet with your financial aid advisor frequently to receive the best information and plan accordingly.
TRANSFER, RETURNING, & VETERAN (TRV) program is a supportive community designed for returning and transfer students. Staff members understand and value the unique experiences and perspectives non-traditional students bring to our vibrant campus community. TRV' mission is to celebrate the diversity of our students and to assist in the discovery of services available to UC Merced students by offering career development services, tutoring and workshops according to student needs.