Mandatory First Year Advising
All first year non-transfer students are required to attend a first year advising appointment with their academic advisor in Fall. During this advising appointment, the student and advisor will explore some of the student's current goals and review the student's study plan for the next academic semester.
During the fall semester, students are required to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor and complete the Mandatory First Year Worksheet prior to their appointment. Please note that students will need to complete this as soon as possible because a registration hold will be placed on student records. This hold will not allow students to alter their Spring courses or utilize the Students First Center resources.
Students are asked to:
1) Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor via the online appointment system.
a. Click on the “Make an appointment with...” link under your advisor’s name
b. Select “First Year Advising” as your service option.
c. From there you will be able to see your advisor’s availability. Select a day and time.
d. Fill out the information requested, then click “Schedule Event.”
e. You will receive an email confirmation with your appointment information.
2) Complete Mandatory First Year Worksheet by using these resources:
a. Utilize Audit
b. Complete course planning
- Utilize your 2017 -18 Flow Chart - For Paper-based course planning.
- Utilize your MyDegreePath to create a course planner. Learn how here.
3) Bring both printed and completed worksheet and printed Audit to your appointment
4) Show up to your appointment on time! If you arrive more than 5 minutes after your scheduled appointment, you will not be seen and will have to reschedule the appointment.
Download the PDF Here: Mandatory First Year Worksheet