Mandatory First Year Advising
All first year non-transfer students are required to attend a first year advising appointment with their academic advisor in Spring. During this advising appointment, the student and advisor will explore some of the student's current goals and review the student's study plan for the next academic semester.
During the spring semester, students are required to schedule an appointment with their academic advisor and complete the Mandatory First Year Worksheet prior to their appointment. Please note that students will need to complete this as soon as possible because a registration hold will be placed on student records. This hold will not allow students to alter their Spring courses or utilize the Students First Center resources.
Students are asked to:
1) Come in during walk-in hours. Walk-in hours can be viewed on the "See My Advisor" tab under Walk-in hours
2) Complete Mandatory First Year Worksheet by using these resources:
a. Utilize Audit
b. Complete course planning
- Utilize your 2017 -18 Flow Chart - For Paper-based course planning.
- Utilize your MyDegreePath to create a course planner. Learn how here.
3) Bring both printed and completed worksheet and printed Audit to your meeting
Download the PDF Here: Mandatory First Year Worksheet